Volunteer With PRIDE!
Pride Toronto is a volunteer-driven organization with 100 year long volunteers and 2,000 weekend volunteers who play an integral role in planning the largest Pride festival in North America!
Pride Toronto is always looking for volunteers to take on new initiatives and be a part of something truly incredible!
My experience with Pride 2017 was amazing! I am beyond grateful for the opportunity to have volunteered with such tremendously talented, passionate and enthusiastic people! Definitely a highlight of my year! Thank you Pride, and I look forward to 2018 🙂
"I had such a wonderful time volunteering with Pride Toronto! I have attended many Pride events and parades in the past, however, I now realize that as a spectator I only saw a small part of Pride! This year, as a volunteer, I was blown away by the wonderful people I met from all of the Pride teams, and by their service and dedication to ensuring each event was a success and that all attendees had a great time. Suffice it to say, I look forward to volunteering again next year, and reconnecting with great teammates as well as meeting new ones.
Being a team lead was a very humbling experience and I'm very grateful to step out of my comfort zone and give back to my community. It gave me the chance to not only learn about Toronto itself, but also the communities within it. In addition, it also gave me the opportunity to learn about myself a little more, and was an eye opening. I'm very excited and grateful to be a part of this enriching organization for years to come.
Pride Toronto’s Volunteer Program is very unique as we offer a wide range of volunteer opportunities; we are constantly looking for new individuals with diverse skill sets and positive energy to join our team!
The Volunteer Award for Arts and Culture in Toronto (V.A.A.C.T.)
The Volunteer Award for Arts and Culture Toronto (V.A.A.C.T.) was established in 2016 by a collection of events and festivals in Toronto and aims to recognize the incredible contribution their volunteers make across organizations in the city. We want to acknowledge and thank you for all of the endless hours you contribute to making Toronto a vibrant, cultural city.
Volunteers must complete the minimum volunteer requirements with at least three of the cultural organizations listed below. For details on each organization’s requirements, please visit their website:
- New Year’s Eve – City of Toronto (December 31, 2016)
- TIFF Kids International Film Festival (April 7 – 23, 2017)
- Hot Docs (April 27 – May 7, 2017)
- Doors Open – City of Toronto (May 27 & 28)
- Inside Out (May 25 – June 4, 2017)
- Luminato (June 14 – June 25, 2017)
- Pride Toronto (June 23 – 25, 2017)
- Arts in the Parks (June – September, 2017)
- Canada Day – City of Toronto (June 30 – July 3)
- Toronto Fringe Festival (July 5 – 16, 2017)
- TIFF (September 7 – 17, 2017)
- Expo for Design Innovation and Technology (September 28 – October 8, 2017)
- Nuit Blanche Toronto – City of Toronto (September 30)
- imagineNATIVE (October 18 – 22, 2017)
- Reel Asian (November 8 – 18, 2017)
- Cavalcade of Lights Toronto – City of Toronto (December 2, 2017)