Pride Toronto is a not-for-profit organization with a mission to support our communities in the pursuit of our unequivocal rights to be known, be heard, be understood, be accepted, be respected, and to celebrate the beauty of who we are. Uniting and empowering people with diverse sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions, the annual Pride Toronto Festival has become a major Canadian Arts and Cultural Event and the largest Pride celebration in North America. Pride showcases Toronto on the world stage with diversity, inclusion and vibrant creativity.
Pride Toronto continues a legacy that is deeply intertwined with the rich, progressive history of Toronto’s queer community. From a small gathering of dedicated activists fighting for their
Pride Toronto is committed to the principles of employment equity. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome; in particular, applications are encouraged from racialized people, Indigenous people, disabled people, queer and trans people, and women. If you require any form of accessibility throughout this application, please let us know.
Pride Toronto is inviting Consultants to submit a proposal for the provision of guiding the development of a strategic planning process and to work with Pride Toronto’s Board of Directors to produce a multi-year strategic plan.
Pride Toronto’s budget for this project is up to a maximum of $15,000.
The development of a 3-year strategic plan that identifies strategic directions, goals and priorities to guide the work of the organization. This will include the following:
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate/organization will demonstrate:
- Experience in strategic planning and facilitation with non-profit organizations.
- Knowledge of and experience working with the 2SLGBTQ+ communities.
- Experience and knowledge related to the development of action plans.
- Cultural awareness and knowledge specific to 2S Indigenous Peoples.
- Knowledge of BIPOC issues within the 2SLGBTQ+ context.
- Experience and knowledge related to board governance, professional regulation and support to professions.
- Facilitation skills working with Boards of Directors, Members, Staff and key stakeholders.
- Highly developed project management skills.
- Pre-Meeting: July 2021
- Consultation/Engagement: July – September 2021
- Engagement Report: October 2021
- Session Preparation: October – November 2021
- In-person Strategic Planning Session Facilitation: December 2021
- Final Strategic Plan Report: January 2022
- Implementation Consultation: February – March 2022
- Consultant/Facilitator Profile
- Name, Title and Contact Information
- Description of relevant background
- Description of services offered
- Qualifications and Experience
- Outline how the consultant/organization meets the required qualifications and experience as detailed in the RFP
- Two case studies detailing the consultant/organization experience in leading strategic planning (see Reference & Sample Work)
- Service Process Overview
- Process for delivering services that are customized for, responsive to, and aligned with Pride Toronto’s organizational needs
- Description of approach to planning, facilitating and developing a strategic plan
- References & Sample Work
- Provide two references
- Provide two sample strategic plans for which consultant/organization provided service
- Proposed Costs
- Detail total cost with an itemized breakdown of fees and deliverables, including all taxes and expenses
For any questions, please submit them by email to [email protected] by 4:30 p.m. on May 28, 2021.
Please submit proposals with subject line “RFP 2021 – Strategic Plan” to [email protected] by 4:30 p.m. on June 11, 2021. Only successful applications will be contacted. Thank you