Our communities face unique challenges in this difficult time, particularly our most marginalized. But we also have a long history of overcoming together.
Do your part to flatten the curve & protect others
- Letter in Support of the Church & Wellesley Village (PDF , May 2020)
- Festival Weekend update (PDF , March 2020)
Wash your hands often with soap & water for 20+ seconds. Avoid touching your face. Disinfect items that are frequently touched.
Social distancing means keeping two meters apart from others. 2m apart. That’s over 6.5 feet. Apart.
Prioritize your routine and limit consumption of media. Focus on things you can control. Text and call friends and family. Eat well. Notice your feelings. Reach out to a professional for help.
Isolation can be scary if home isn’t a safe place for you. Crisis lines are open 24/7 during these times.
Harm Reduction and COVID-19 Don’t share gear. Prep your own drugs. Get extra harm reduction supplies. Disinfect drug wraps. Prepare for unplanned withdrawal. Respond to overdose with personal protective equipment. More tips for safer injection (PDF ).
- Harm Reduction Supplies & Locations
- 277 Victoria St (Yonge & Dundas) Mon-Sat 10AM-10PM – (416) 392-0520
- The Works at Toronto Public Health continues to offer harm reduction supplies and supervised injection services.
- Pieces to Pathways (P2P)
- Text/Call Pam (they/them) – (647) 209-2043
- A peer-led initiative offering Canada’s only substance use support program for LGBT2Q+ youth (ages 16-29). All staff are queer and/or trans-identified and have their own experiences of substance use and recovery.
- Cool Spaces for You
- Up-to-date map & opening hours for City of Toronto Emergency Cooling Centres. Centres open during Heat Warnings only. Most centres open 11am to 7pm, except Metro Hall, which opens 24 hours.
- Alcohol Rehab Help
- Alcohol Rehab Help is an informational web guide founded in 2020. Our site was created to help those struggling with alcohol use disorders (AUD), substance use disorders (SUD), and/or co-occurring mental health disorders.
Resources for Transgender People
Resources for People with HIV/AIDS
- Gay Guys, Sex, PnP & COVID-19 (ACT)
- COVID-19 questions and answers
- Ontario AIDS Network Agencies & Service Availability
- Agency Closures
- Canadian HIV/AIDS Legal Network
- Flatten Inequality: Human Rights in the Age of COVID-19
- Toronto People With AIDS Foundation
- HIV & COVID-19: an FAQ